Whenever you are just beginning a new diet, it can be overwhelming when you have to find easy keto recipes that fit and navigate the grocery store for new ingredients. This is definitely true for folks who are jumping on the keto bandwagon. There are some new ingredients one must have to make some of the recipes, and it can be tricky to learn how to use them.
I wanted to take things back to basics and create some fresh new recipes using more traditional ingredients, that would fit the keto-bill and keep you in ketosis.
Since pasta, bread, and starches are generally snubbed on the keto diet, these three easy keto meal recipes will allow you to enjoy the keto lifestyle without missing your favorite carbs.
3 Easy Keto Meal Recipes
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup peas and carrots, frozen
- 1 head of cauliflower, minced in the food processor
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1.5 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Add 1/4 tsp of sesame oil to a skillet on medium heat.
- Add eggs and cook to completion.
- Remove eggs from skillet, chop, and set aside.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger in coconut oil in same skillet.
- Add peas and carrots and minced cauliflower to skillet and stir-fry until the veggies are tender.
- Stir in tamari and sesame oil into the mixture.
- Add cooked chicken and eggs, and stir well.
- Serve with green onions as garnish.
Chef Note: Since riced cauliflower is the hottest new ingredient (especially when it comes to keto meal recipes), you may be able to find it in the frozen food section at your local grocer. If so, pick up a 16-ounce bag to use for this recipe and save yourself a step.
Chef Note: If you are looking to further reduce the carb count for this recipe, you can omit the peas and carrots. I promise you won’t miss them, but I usually include them as I can never sneak enough veggies into my kids’ diets.
Chef Note: If you don’t have tamari on hand, you can opt for soy sauce or coconut aminos.
- Calories: 249.5
- Total Fat: 12.5 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 10 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 25 g
Keto Everything Bagels
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 Tbsp cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 2.5 minutes, stopping midway to give a quick stir.
- Stir 2 eggs into dry ingredients.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball, then stretch out to shape, pressing your finger into the center to form a ring.
- Beat the remaining egg, and brush the top of each bagel with the egg wash.
- Top each bagel with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown.
Chef Note: It can’t hurt to toss the dry ingredients together and run them through a fine strainer to sift them. I have had better results when baking when doing this step, but it’s completely optional.
- Calories: 236
- Total Fat: 18.3 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 5.6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 13.3 g
Keto Fettucine Alfredo
- ½ stick butter
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz gruyere
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 Tbsp refrigerated squeeze basil
- Sauté butter and garlic over medium-high heat.
- Add heavy cream.
- Slowly stir in cheeses in small batches.
- Once all of the cheese has been incorporated, turn off the heat.
- Pour over your favorite noodle alternative.
Chef Note: Some of my favorite noodle alternatives for keto meal recipes are zoodles (zucchini noodles), spaghetti squash, kelp noodles, palmini pasta, black bean pasta, and Shirataki noodles.
Chef Note: This sauce is also amazing on a cauliflower crust for an alternative to a “white pizza,” or drizzled over your favorite low-carb vegetable.
- Calories: 428
- Total Fat: 40.5 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 14.6 g