Keto fat bombs are small snacks or treats that are high in fat and low in carbs (so, literally a fat bomb) you can eat as a quick breakfast, mid-afternoon snack, pre- or after- workout snack, or extra fuel during your day.
There are several super simple guidelines you can follow for a foolproof keto fat bomb recipes:
- Start with healthy fats. Coconut oil, cacao butter, coconut butter, almond butter, coconut milk, coconut cream, ghee or butter (as long as you aren’t dairy sensitive), or avocado oil are all good choices.
- Choose your flavoring. Vanilla extract, dark (unsweetened) chocolate or cacao powder, mint extracts, spices, and keto-friendly sweeteners (like erythritol, Swerve, stevia, Truvia) are commonly used.
- Increase the texture. With both flavor and interesting texture, nuts and seeds like almonds, pecans, walnuts, and chia seeds are great additions as are cacao nibs, sugar-free bacon bits, and shredded coconut.
Add in a few basic steps:
- If the fat you are using is solid (like butter or coconut oil), soften it in the microwave or on the stove. Then mix your ingredients in a mixing bowl, food processor, or blender.
- You can either form the mixture into small balls or pour it into muffin cups or a baking pan.
- Then refrigerate (or freeze) your bombs for several hours until solid. Enjoy individually or cut into slices if you made them in a baking pan.
It’s quite straightforward, but if the thought of coming up with your own recipes for fat bombs is too difficult (or if you just want to go with a recipe that’s “tried and true”), then why not try making one of my delicious recipes below?
5 Delicious Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bomb
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar (such as Swerve)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Put butter in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add sweetener, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- Slowly add in almond flour until incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover mixture and place in refrigerator to firm slightly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a small cookie scoop (or spoon), scoop dough into small balls.
Chef Note: You can store these keto fat bombs in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Yields 12 servings
- Calories: 179
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbs: 8.75 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g
Vanilla Cheesecake Keto Fat Bomb
- 9 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz erythritol
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Put cream cheese, vanilla, and erythritol in a mixer on low speed for 2 minutes
- Add half of the heavy cream and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Add the other half of the heavy cream and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes until the mixture is thick with firm peaks.
- Gently spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into mini cupcake liners.
- Place covered in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Yields 9 servings
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbs: 7 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: .2 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bombs
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Swerve sweetener
- 1/2 cup crushed cacao nibs (or dark chocolate chips)
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter, cream cheese, and sweetener.
- Scoop out even amounts of dough and form balls.
- Dip/Roll them into crushed cocoa nibs or chocolate chips.
- Arrange your fat bombs on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the fat bombs for 2 hours or until solid.
Yields 8 servings
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbs: 10 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: .5 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
Cinnamon Roll Keto Fat Bomb
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut butter
- 3 Tbsp MCT oil
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- ¼ cup Ageless Multi-Collagen
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- Melt coconut butter and ghee either on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add MCT oil and vanilla with the butters.
- Add cinnamon, Ageless Multi-Collagen, coconut flour, and almond flour and stir to combine.
- Place in freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, form/roll balls onto a flat surface and sprinkle with coconut sugar and more cinnamon.
- Enjoy this delicious keto fat bomb recipe!
Yields 8 servings
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbs: 5 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
Strawberry Truffles Keto Fat Bomb
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- a few drops of liquid stevia
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Shape mixture into balls and freeze.
Yields 6 servings
- Calories: 145.5
- Fat: 14.5 g
- Carbs: 1.8 g
- Fiber: .25 g
- Sugar: .9 g
- Protein: 1 g
All these delicious recipes got me thinking…how come nobody ever talks about a savory keto fat bomb recipes? You know…like a guacamole bacon fat bomb? I could really get down on some of those. Anything with bacon, really, but think about watching your favorite sport team and tossing back a couple balls of guac with bacon. MMMMmmm. Keep your eye on this blog for an upcoming recipe. 😊