Café Mocha Protein Bars Recipe (healthy and on-the-go)
Let’s face it: It isn’t always easy to put together a full, well-rounded meal, especially when you’re on the go. It is much easier to reach for a quick option, oftentimes pre-packed and/or processed.
Convenience, however, doesn’t have to mean unhealthy. In fact, you can put together your very own “convenience foods” and have them ready to toss in your briefcase, purse, or gym bag.
One of my favorite healthy convenience foods are protein bars. When you have a solid foundation like BioTRUST Low Carb protein blend, you can’t go wrong. With six flavors—each packing a solid punch of flavor and protein—you know you are giving yourself the best quality product.
Here’s why I believe BioTRUST Low Carb Protein is the best:
- 24 grams of pasture-raised, grass-fed protein per serving
- Made with certified hormone- and antibiotic-free proteins from happy, healthy cows
- NO artificial sweeteners
- Soy-free, gluten-free, non-GMO
- Nothing artificial. No fillers, fake colors, flavors, preservatives, or sweeteners… at all.
- Only 1 gram of naturally-occurring sugar and 4 grams of fiber per serving
- 4-protein time-released blend that fuels your body and keeps you full for hours
- Cold-processed to protect the quality of each protein
- Easy on the stomach. It contains minimal amounts of lactose (<1g/serving) and features ProHydrolase®, a natural enzyme blend that boosts protein absorption and optimizes digestion
- Quality guarantee. At BioTrust, we are committed to being the best. All of our products are manufactured in a GMP-certified facility and undergo third-party lab testing to ensure purity, potency, safety, and results.
These homemade protein bars are not only a great option for an on-the-go snack, they can be a satisfying breakfast or late-night snack.
So, when you have a hankering for something sweet, instead of a high-calorie, sugar-laden candy bar, bag of chips, or coffee shop cookie or pastry, reach for one of these homemade treats.
- 2½ cups old-fashioned gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 scoop Cafe Mocha Low Carb Protein Blend
- 10 Medjool dates pitted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil optional
- 120 dark chocolate chips optional
- Combine oats, protein powder, dates, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix until a ball forms.
- If the dough is too crumbly, you may add water or milk until desired consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press firmly into an even layer, smoothing the top as much as possible.
- Cover with parchment and place in the refrigerator or freezer to chill until firm.
- Remove the bars from the pan and slice into 10 or 12 equal-sized rectangular bars.
- Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil(optional). *
- Dip bars in the optional melted chocolate to coat and allow to sit at room temperature until set.
- Store the bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator.