Low Carb Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Potato Salad Recipe
I have never met a potato salad I didn’t like. In fact, I have never met a potato I didn’t like. You can fry it, sauté it, roast it, mash it, or bake it, and I will ask for seconds every time.
So, when I was tasked with making a healthier potato salad, I usually go the route of changing up the marinade and using Greek yogurt, or maybe mustard, or perhaps a different type of potato salad all together like a German potato salad with a vinaigrette.
This time I decided to try switching out the star of the show—the potato—with another white vegetable, the cauliflower floret. This is such a versatile little nugget of awesomeness that it can adapt to any recipe and really take things to another level.
By adding bacon and cheese, sort-of like a loaded baked potato, this cauliflower potato salad really ties everything together nicely, so you don’t even miss the starchy carb-filled potato.
Guiltfree all the way, baby! This cauliflower potato salad is the best outdoor barbecue side dish in my opinion, and it’s healthy, to boot! Bring on the backyard festivities!
Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Potato Salad
- 1 large head cauliflower
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp dill
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and steam for roughly 3 – 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place cauliflower in a large mixing bowl, and chill in refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients to cauliflower and stir well to combine.
- Enjoy this awesome cauliflower potato salad!
Yields 6 servings
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbs: 5 g
- Protein: 13 g