This Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Will Start Your Day Right
If you’re like me, you may have only ever used your slow cooker for dinners and chili during football season. But who says they can’t be used to make an awesome crockpot breakfast casserole?
I don’t know about you guys, but I would prefer not to stand in the kitchen scrambling eggs or making omelets when there are plenty of things on my to-do list I could be crossing off, such as helping the kids get ready for school, preparing lunches, or even sneaking in a quick workout.
Slow cookers are especially helpful if you are entertaining overnight or weekend guests that have to hit the road. You don’t want to waste precious moments in the kitchen when you could be reminiscing about old times.
So why not toss a few healthy ingredients in your slow cooker and create a crockpot breakfast casserole you will have dreams about all night…
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- 12 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsp stoneground mustard
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 30-oz bag frozen hash browns
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- 2 bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- Whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, garlic salt, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place half the hash browns on the bottom. Layer with half the bacon, chopped onion, bell peppers, broccoli, and cheese. Layer once or even twice again, depending on your preference.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on low.
- Enjoy your mouthwatering crockpot breakfast casserole!
Chef Note: You can omit the hash browns if you are adhering to a lower carbohydrate meal plan.
Chef Note: I sometimes find it helpful to spray the inside of my crockpot with a cooking spray when I am doing eggs and/or potatoes.
Yields 6 servings
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbs: 30 g
- Protein: 22 g