With the growing popularity of the Instant Pot®, I have been using mine for more than just quick and easy dinners. In fact, I have been known to make my dinner, give the Instant Pot a quick wipe down, and toss in dessert while we are sitting down to dinner.
You can make everything from cheesecake to coffee cake to caramel popcorn, and that is only the beginning. I decided to start with something simple and go with brownies.
If you have been reading my recipes for any length of time, you know I can’t just make regular ole brownies. I have to kick up the protein of these instant pot brownies with some BioTrust protein blend, so this time I used Chocolate Ice Cream Platinum1. And if that wasn’t enough, I decided to do a little switcharoo to sneak some extra fiber into my kids diet with some black beans. Bahahaha… (That’s my Evil mom laugh.)
Instant Pot Brownies Recipe
For the instant pot brownies:
- 8 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- ½ Tbsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tbsp Platinum1 Chocolate Ice Cream Protein
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
For the glaze:
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Place all of the ingredients for the cake in a food processor and process until everything has a smooth consistency.
- Grease a cake pan that will fit into your Instant Pot.
- Add the batter to your pan and cover with foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Set your cake pan inside of the pot on top of the trivet.
- Using the display panel, program your Instant Pot to “cake.”
- While the cake is cooking, combine your chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small double boiler over hot yet not boiling water, and stir until melted and smooth.
- Wait 5 minutes for the cake to cool, then transfer to a plate and pour glaze over the top.
- Enjoy your delicious instant pot brownies!
Yields 8 servings
- Calories: 155.5
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbs: 14 g
- Sugar: 11 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4.3 g