Feeling the need to treat yo self but don’t want all the calories, sugar, and especially guilt? Me too! That’s why we had to share our healthy protein powder cookie dough recipe.
This simple, quick recipe is an easy way to give your taste buds exactly what they’re craving while giving your body the nutrients it needs to support a healthy metabolism and muscle growth. Step aside cookie dough ice cream! We have something that’s sooo much better!
Healthy Protein Powder Cookie Dough
- 1 scoop BioTrust Low Carb Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Mix together the protein powder, coconut flour, and applesauce until lightly incorporated.
- Add almond milk, and mix completely.
- Add a pinch of sea salt (to taste).
- If it’s a little too soft, you can add a little more protein powder and then stir again to ensure it’s all mixed in.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Place in a bowl and enjoy your delicious treat!
Chef Notes: Mix it up with different flavors of protein powder or “toppings.” While not the traditional cookie dough, I like Strawberry Banana Low Carb with fresh sliced strawberries and bananas, the Milk Chocolate with coconut, and the Café Mocha with cocoa nibs. Yum! You can have a lot of fun with all of the different flavor options.
Chef Notes: If you’re looking for something that’s even more like ice cream, put this healthy protein powder cookie dough in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes. Just don’t leave it too long or it will be more challenging to eat.
Yields: 1 serving
- Calories: 291
- Total Fat: 18.3 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 32.5 g
- Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 15 g