Orange Creamsicle Protein Smoothie Recipe
Oh, sweet summertime… It takes me back to the days of playing hide and seek until the streetlights came on, drinking straight from a hose, and chasing down the ice cream truck after hearing the infamous jingles from several streets away. I recall one of my favorite sweet treats being an orange creamsicle. With its creamy vanilla ice cream covered in a delectable orange-flavored popsicle, nothing could beat the heat quite like this delightful flavor combination.
Needless to say, I was over the moon when I heard BioTRUST Nutrition was unveiling an Orange Creamsicle flavor of their Low Carb Lite Protein Blend. I was curious how this would stand up to the orange creamsicle I was so fond of as a child. My mouth was watering, and my taste buds were tingling with anticipation.
BioTRUST Low Carb Lite
- Provides 20 grams of premium quality whey protein isolate from pasture-raised cows that are grass-fed and not treated with antibiotics or hormones
- ONLY 100 calories and 2 grams of carbs per serving
- Cold processed using acid-free membrane technology to create a highly concentrated, undenatured whey protein isolate
- Provides 4.7 grams of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), including 2.2 grams of leucine, as well as immunoglobulins and lactoferrin, which provide nutritional support for healthy immune system functioning
- Features ProHydrolase®, a natural digestive enzyme blend that provides support for stomach-friendly digestion and optimal protein digestion
- Non-GMO and FREE from soy, gluten, and artificial sweeteners
When combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, BioTRUST Low Carb Lite provides nutritional support that promotes:
- Healthy weight management
- Healthy appetite management
- Sports nutrition
- Overall daily wellness
When I first unsealed the bag, I was immediately taken back to my childhood. I felt like I was standing in front of the ice cream truck’s window with my beaming smile and large eyes filled with wonder. The unsealing of the bag felt just like the ripping open of the cellophane wrapper. The aroma of the powder could not have been any closer to the familiar popsicle I once indulged in.
While this is fantastic with just eight ounces of water, I wanted to create a smoothie recipe that included some healthy fats and good carbs and one that was more like a creamy frozen treat than a shake. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 scoops Orange Creamsicle Low Carb Lite
- 8 oz almond milk
- 2 oz heavy cream
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- handful of ice
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.