Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cheesecake Recipe
I have never met a cheesecake I didn’t like, but the occasions I allow myself to indulge are few and far between. I mean, have you ever checked out the calories and *gasp* sugar in a typical slice of cheesecake? I think this is where the phrase “a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips” was actually coined.
The first mention of cheesecake comes from the first Olympic Games held in 776 BC when it was served to the athletes. Later, cheesecake was a popular wedding cake for Greek brides and grooms. It was also Greek a custom for a bride to bake and serve cheesecakes to her new husband’s circle as a gesture of friendliness. These cakes eventually paved the way for the wedding cake tradition we continue today.
Classic cheesecake is creamy, silky, and smooth and typically made with a graham cracker crust. I opted for a lighter and healthier almond flour crust and, to be honest, I think it held up very well. My protein cheesecake recipe, despite using healthier options, is still just as dense as a New York cheesecake, boasts equal richness, and is just as special. It’s thick, it’s velvety, and if I may say so myself, it is decadent.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup almond flour
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 containers Greek yogurt 300 grams
- 2 scoops BioTrust Low Carb Protein chocolate peanut butter
- 1 egg whole
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Swerve sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- strawberries optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Mix melted coconut oil with almond flour and press into a dish/pan with parchment paper.
- Bake crust for 8 – 12 minutes or until it’s lightly browned; then reduce oven temp to 325 degrees F.
- Ina separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture on top of browned crust.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of cheesecake and make marble swirl on top.
- Bake cheesecake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees F, and then reduce heat again to 200degrees F and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake, let it cool for a couple hours.