Healthy Pumpkin Spice Apple Crisp Recipe (Low Cal & Tasty)
“Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb…that’s where the fruit is.”
The fall season is primetime for seeking comfort as temperatures drop. With the changing seasons, most folks focus on their health to boost immunity through habits and nutrition. What better way to harmonize with the Earth and tap into the balance within us than with a tasty treat from seasonal harvests?
Rather than simply making a basic apple or pumpkin pie, we combined these two flavors into a delicious, warm pumpkin spice apple crisp that can be made in minutes in an Instant Pot®. This is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or anytime in-between!
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Apple Crisp Recipe
- 5 apples, sliced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice Low Carb
- 1/2 cup Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- Add sliced apples to Instant Pot.
- Add lemon juice and gently stir to coat apples.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and stevia. Gently stir to coat apples.
- Add vanilla and apple cider. Gently stir to coat apples.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, protein powder, brown sugar, and oats.
- Using your fingers, create a crumbly topping.
- Add topping to apple mixture evenly to cover apples.
- Add lid to Instant Pot and set to 1 minute on high pressure.
Chef Notes: I used Granny Smith apples in this recipe, as I find they hold up to the cooking better than other varieties. You can use whatever you have on hand or whatever you enjoy.
Chef Notes: Since I used larger apples, I only needed about 5 larger apples to create roughly 8 – 9 cups of sliced apples. If your apples are smaller, you may need 6 – 7 apples to have enough. (In my opinion, you can never have too many apples.)
Chef Notes: If you do not have Pumpkin Spice Low Carb, you can use Vanilla Cream and 1 – 2 tsp of pumpkin spices.
Yields 10 servings
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbs: 36 g
- Fiber: 14.5 g
- Protein: 6 g