Enjoy A Healthier Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe Right From Home
Tis the season for everything pumpkin, and coffee is no exception. If the only reason you make it to yoga is to burn off those extra calories from your favorite pumpkin spice latte, then have I got good news for you. Skip the long lines at your favorite coffee shop and whip up your own healthy, homemade pumpkin spice latte. This pumpkin spice latte recipe not only cuts the calories and carbs in half, it keeps those dollar bills in your wallet for your next shopping spree.
Skinny Girl Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- 8 oz brewed coffee
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 Tbsps pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tsps maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Cinnamon (garnish)
- Brew one cup of coffee.
- Add all ingredients into blender (I use my NutriBullet®.)
- Pour into mug and top with a dash of cinnamon.
- Watch the leaves fall while sipping your delicious warm beverage.
- You could use 1 – 2 shots of espresso in place of the 1 cup of coffee.
- I replaced the maple syrup with honey, although some prefer to use stevia for a sweeter taste.
- If you have extra time, you could cook almond milk and pumpkin puree and use a frother to make more of a foamy milk. I find the blender works just fine for this step.
- You may serve cold over ice, and it would be just as yummy.
BONUS TIP: The only thing that would make this pumpkin spice latte recipe better is to throw in 2 scoops of BioTrust Low Carb Vanilla Protein Blend, which would kill two birds with one stone—providing both protein and caffeine—a breakfast of champions.
Skinny Girl Nutrition Facts:
- Calories: 84
- Total Fat: 1.5 g
- Total Carbs: 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
Skinny Girl Nutrition Facts with BioTrust Low Carb:
- Calories: 234
- Total Fat: 4 g
- Total Carb: 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 25.4 g
Compared to a popular coffee shop’s 12-oz Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe made with almond milk:
- Calories: 180
- Total Fat: 4.5 g
- Total Carbs: 31 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g