Quarantine Kitchen #3: DIY Hummus Recipe
I may not be able to tell you what day it is, but I can tell you that a quick, easy, and tasty recipe you can make anytime with just a few ingredients you probably have in your pantry is hummus.
If you thought it only came from your favorite Greek restaurant or the refrigerated section of your grocery store, you are going to love how simple this DIY hummus recipe really is!
DIY Hummus Recipe
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas (aka Garbanzo beans)
- 2 to 5 garlic cloves (to taste), peeled
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 scoop Keto Elevate
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add first five ingredients to a food processor and blend.
- Slowly add olive oil and continue blending until a smooth, creamy consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Enjoy with fresh, sliced veggies and/or pita wedges.
Chef Note: You can also make this DIY hummus recipe in a blender. (I use a Ninja.) Just add all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Chef Note: For some other delicious options, replace chickpeas with black beans or even white beans.