Spooky Spider Halloween Hummus Recipe
Halloween is one of those holidays ya love to hate. It is all too easy to fall into the trap of sugary sweet treat overload, especially the days following the holiday when there is an abundance of candy everywhere you turn (and this is even if you don’t have kids).
I know for me personally, I generally take my mom-tax from the trick or treating loot, then I allow the kiddos to pick a few pieces of their favorite treats, then away it goes. Sometimes we donate the leftover candy to the troops, and other times we have tucked it away for a special reward. But quite honestly, I would prefer it not be around because out of sight, out of mind is the best practice for maintaining my healthy weight and blood sugar.
When tasked with creating a healthy Halloween treat, I pondered over something sweet but then opted for something savory. Who says something savory can’t be a “treat,” right? I had previously put together a few Halloween treats here, here, and here, which have quickly become fan favorites, so hopefully, this one tickles your taste buds just as much!
- 2 – 3 cups hummus homemade or store-bought
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Spread hummus in a thin layer on a circular serving tray/platter.
- Add Greek yogurt to a piping bag or a Ziploc baggie with the tip of a corner cut off.
- Create a spiderweb design with Greek yogurt.
- Add cucumber, feta, tomato, and black olives around the perimeter of the platter.
- Add your favorite Halloween decorations(optional).
- Boo! Enjoy with your favorite veggies and/or crackers.