Strawberry Chia Jam Recipe (so easy & delicious)
If you want to cover your bases with a mix of vitamins and minerals as well as all three needed macronutrients in the form of complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, and healthy fats, bring on the chia seeds! And what better way to include these in your diet than in a naturally sweetened, deliciously healthy, fruity jam like this strawberry chia jam recipe.
If you have ever perused the condiment aisle at your local grocer and taken the time to read the labels, you will see jellies and jams are loaded with sugars, preservatives, and a long list of ingredients you probably cannot pronounce. When you start adding other ingredients on top of your fruit, you hardly taste the fruit, which defeats the purpose, right?
I wanted to create a healthy alternative to unhealthy store-bought options, using minimal ingredients that were fresh and all natural. Ones that allowed the true taste of the fruits to shine through and really remain the star of the show.
By combining just four ingredients, you can create a superb strawberry chia jam you can use to top toast, English muffins, protein pancakes, and even make peanut butter and jelly sammiches.
Strawberry Chia Jam Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Destem and rinse strawberries.
- Add strawberries to saucepan and cook over medium heat until they begin to get a little bit mushy.
- Mash strawberries with a potato masher or use an emulsion blender (depending on the consistency you prefer).
- Add chia seeds, lemon juice, and honey. Stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Once mixture has cooled, add to jars or containers, and put the jam mixture into the refrigerator.
- Store for up to 2 weeks.
- Enjoy this delicious strawberry chia jam!
Chef Note: You can use any berries you prefer and you can even use a variety of berries in each batch.
Chef Note: You can use more or less chia seeds depending on your preference.
Chef Note: You can use agave or Stevia if you prefer not to use honey.
Yields 6 servings
- Calories: 67
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbs: 9.3 g
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 1.7 g