4 Immune-Boosting Smoothie Recipes to Keep You Healthy
While we encourage folks to practice stress-management techniques, allow for proper sleep hygiene, and live an active lifestyle to keep your immune system running as optimally as possible, fueling your body with immune-boosting foods may be another key factor in staying healthy and well.
By combining several of these ingredients into a healthy immune-boosting smoothie recipe, you can reap all the benefits of supporting your immune system while energizing your body so you can power through just about anything life throws your way.
Some of my favorite immune-boosting ingredients for smoothies are:
- May help support the body’s healthy response to inflammation.
- May help normalize immune function to perform optimally.
- May help protect against bacteria.
- Provides antioxidants and may help support the body’s healthy response to inflammation.
- As it contains curcumin, which may have anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
- May help protect and defend brain cells from damage.
- May help lower blood sugar, improve sugar tolerance, alleviate insulin resistance, and reduce cells that help produce insulin.
- May support the heart and blood pressure and help reduce pain.
Leafy Greens (kale, spinach):
- Greens can be amazing detoxers, which is important for a healthy immune system and every cell in the body.
- Greens are loaded with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytonutrients.
- Greens are rich in chlorophyll, the compound responsible for harnessing the sun’s energy into food and energy for the plant.
Citrus (oranges, lemons):
- May support the growth and repair of all tissues.
- Help in the formation of collagen in the skin, scar tissue, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels.
- Support wound healing within the body.
- Support healthy cartilage, bones, and teeth.
Here are some tasty immune-boosting smoothie recipes that use those healthful ingredients:
4 Immune-Boosting Smoothie Recipes
The Orange One
- 1 carrot
- 1 orange
- 6 oz orange juice
- 1 tsp chia seed
- 6 oz plain Kefir or yogurt
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Peel carrot and orange.
- Place carrot, orange, and orange juice in a blender or NutriBullet®.
- Add chia seeds, yogurt, spices, and ginger.
- Blend until incorporated.
The Orange One Nutrition Facts:
- Calories: 336
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 67 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 8 g
The Green One
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 kale leaf, stem removed
- 1 rib celery
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1-inch peeled fresh ginger root
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients, except ice, and blend in a blender or Nutri-Bullet®.
- Add ice a little at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
The Green One Nutrition Facts:
- Calories: 57
- Total Fat: 1 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
The Yellow One
- 1/2 orange
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- ¼ inch piece orange peel
- ¼ inch piece fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a blender or NutriBullet® and blend well.
The Yellow One Nutrition Facts:
- Calories: 189
- Total Fat: 1 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 46 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 3 g
The Pink One
- 2 bananas, peeled, frozen
- 2 Tbsp goji berries
- 1 apple
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- ½ cup cold water and ice
- Place all ingredients except the water and ice into a blender (or Nutri-Bullet).
- Slowly add water and ice as you blend until it reaches your desired consistency.
The Pink One Nutrition Facts:
- Calories: 471
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 105 g
- Fiber: 18 g
- Protein: 7 g
***Toss in a serving of your favorite BioTRUST Nutrition protein blend to any of these immune-boosting smoothie recipes for a solid meal replacement that will keep you satisfied and your hunger, energy, and cravings in check!