4 Low Carb, High-Protein Breakfast Options
Looking to make some changes in the new year and eat healthier? Why not start your morning off with a high-protein, low-carb meal? After all, studies have shown that if you start your day with a healthy breakfast, you are more likely to continue making healthier choices throughout the day.
While you can’t go wrong with one of our Low Carb or Low Carb Lite Protein blends, sometimes you want a heartier meal, and that’s where I come in hot. Get those hunger cravings and energy in check with one of my creative choices.
If you want to jump ahead and check out high-protein breakfast options, you can click the links below:
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 egg
- ⅛ cup goat cheese or cheese of your preference
- hot honey garnish
- Cook bacon and drain; set aside.
- Scramble egg; set aside.
- Lay bacon slightly on top of one another (overlapping).
- Top with scrambled egg and cheese.
- Roll up like a burrito.
- Drizzle hot honey over the top.
- Instant Pot
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup gruyere cheese shredded
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup veggies of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add first three ingredients to a blender or NutriBullet® and mix until combined.
- Add veggies and give a few quick pulses to get it evenly distributed and broken down a bit.
- Pour mixture into silicon egg mold (Instant Pot).
- Add one cup of water to Instant Pot, and insert trivet.
- Place egg mold on top of trivet.
- Set timer to pressure cook for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Allow eggs to set for a minute or two before attempting to remove.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops Vanilla Cream Low Carb Protein Blend
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat with nonstick spray.
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese, oats, vanilla, and protein powder and blend in blender until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the egg mixture into the waffle iron, close gently, and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Top with whipped topping and berries (optional).
- 4 large eggs
- 4 Canadian bacon slices
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 egg yolks
- lemon juice squeeze
- 1 stick butter melted
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch salt
- Grate cauliflower on a box grater until shredded. Add to a medium bowl and crack in the egg. Add cheddar and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add spoonfuls of cauliflower mixture and shape into patties. Cook until brown.
- Poach eggs: Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Then reduce to a low simmer. Create a vortex by stirring the water, then drop in 1 egg. Let cook for three minutes and then transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Make hollandaise: Add egg yolks to double boiler. Add lemon juice and whisk until combined, then stir in butter in a steady stream, whisking constantly, until combined. Season with cayenne and salt.
- Serve cauliflower hash brown patties topped with Canadian bacon, poached eggs, and hollandaise.