5 New Year’s Cocktail Recipes Worth Staying Up For
Raise your glass! The countdown is on to the New Year, and I, like many of you, am ready for a clean slate. Unfortunately, 2020 and 2021 have not been so kind to many of us, and I feel like we are waiting with bated breath to enter 2022.
Whether you are having a low-key evening at home or are celebrating with friends and family, having a festive cocktail in your hand is one surefire way to ring in the New Year.
There are quite a few New Year’s traditions around the world, but one I have become quite fond of is making Hoppin’ John. Black-eyed peas are said to bring good fortune to those who eat them on New Year’s Day. I already have all the ingredients on hand because 2022 is going to be MY year.
Do you have any New Year’s traditions? Please share them in the comments below.
If you want to jump ahead and check out certain cocktails, you can click the links below:
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz cranberry juice unsweetened
- 1 bottle ginger beer
- cranberries garnish
- rosemary garnish
- Add ice to a copper mug. (Trust me on this one, you will want the copper mug.)
- Add vodka and cranberry juice to the mug.
- Fill the remainder of the mug with ginger beer.
- Garnish with cranberries and rosemary.
Spiced Iced Latte
- 2 oz spiced rum
- 2 oz cinnamon schnapps
- 4 oz iced coffee
- caramel drizzle
- cinnamon sticks optional
- whipped heavy cream optional
- Add the first three ingredients to a shaker bottle and shake well to combine.
- Drizzle caramel into your glass.
- Pour the mixture into the glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and whipped heavy cream (optional).
The Ball Drop
- 3.5 oz champagne
- 2 oz ruby red grapefruit juice
- raspberry garnish
- thyme garnish
- Add champagne to a flute glass (or your preferred type of glass).
- Top with ruby red grapefruit leaving room at the top of the glass.
- Add raspberries and thyme for garnish.
- Serve immediately.
- 2 oz whiskey
- 2 oz orange juice
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 oz grenadine
- 1 splash lemon juice
- pomegranate seeds garnish
- orange rind optional
- Add the first four ingredients into a shaker and blend well.
- Garnish with orange rind and thyme (optional).
- Top with ice.
- 2 oz gin
- 4 oz seltzer or tonic
- 1 fresh squeezed lime
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 sprig mint
- lime zest garnish
- Add the first four ingredients to a shaker and mix well.
- Add blackberries to the glass.
- Top with ice.
- Garnish with mint.