13 Tips to Beat Procrastination and Get Things Done – BioTrust Radio #48
Do you struggle with putting off or altogether avoiding things you know you should and need to do? Join the club. None of us is immune to the strongholds of procrastination, which can crush dreams, goals, and careers. If you procrastinate — or know someone who does — you’re going to want to tune into this episode of BioTrust Radio where we reveal 13 of our top tips to beat procrastination so you can live the life you’re meant to live. Enjoy!
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
- Listen to it on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save as.”
- Read the podcast transcript
“Procrastination kills dreams, and it’s the number one reason people fail to achieve their goals. It’s time to take action and put an end to procrastination for good!” – Chalene Johnson
In this episode of BioTrust Radio, Shawn and Tim talk about getting things done, and thanks to a dynamic duo of assists from J.D. Roth (Getting to Now) and Chalene Johnson (Overcoming Procrastination), they share more than a dozen tips to beat procrastination:
- Tip #1 to Beat Procrastination: Schedule blocks of time to get things done.
- Tip # 2 to Beat Procrastination: If it comes to mind, then do it. Don’t put off to tomorrow what you can do today.
- Tip #3 to Beat Procrastination: Use a timer to block off your time and as a reality check to make sure you’re doing what you are supposed to be doing.
- Tip # 4 to Beat Procrastination: Do not multi-task.
- Tip # 5 to Beat Procrastination: Modify your environment to limit your distractions.
- Tip # 6 to Beat Procrastination: Live with intention by setting priorities.
- Tip # 7 to Beat Procrastination: Keep yourself accountable by telling others to keep you accountable.
- Tip # 8 to Beat Procrastination: Identify detours including your personal “destination procrastination.”
- Tip # 9 to Beat Procrastination: Know that there’s more than one way to reach your goal.
- Tip # 10 to Beat Procrastination: Set your “destination fixation” on the positives — not the negatives.
- Tip # 11 to Beat Procrastination: Fill your tank with people and things that energize you and lift you up.
- Tip # 12 to Beat Procrastination: Use technology to your advantage.
- Tip # 13 to Beat Procrastination: Adopt a “right now” attitude.
We’ll discuss these ways to beat procrastination and much, much more! And how about you? Do you struggle with procrastination? How has it affected you? How do you deal with it?
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember… you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body!
Resources from This Episode:
- Getting to Now: How to Beat the Procrastination Habit – J.D. Roth
- Overcoming Procrastination – Chalene Johnson
- Impact Theory – Tom Bilyeu
- The Hidden Secret To Getting Everything You Want – Max Lugavere with Craig Clemens
- The Power of Less – Leo Babauta
- Early to Rise – Craig Ballantyne
- Own the Day, Own Your Life – Aubrey Marcus
- Why Diets DON’T Work (try THESE 4 things instead) – BioTrust Radio #20
- Keto Diet Tips: 5 Ways to Get in Your Optimal KETOSIS ZONE – BioTrust Radio #22
- The ABCs of the Keto Diet – BioTrust Radio #28
- 9 Life Hacks for a Better Life NOW! – BioTrust Radio #33
- 12 Powerful Habits That Will Change Your Life – BioTrust Radio #35
- 11 “Bad Habits” That Are Perfectly Good for You (according to science) – BioTrust Radio #37
- 7 Simple Tips to Be More Productive (and Maximize your Time) – BioTrust Radio #41
- Can I Lose Weight WITHOUT Dieting? – BioTrust Blog
- What is the Ketogenic Diet? A Beginner’s Guide – BioTrust Blog