Think about your intelligence, talents, and personality. Are you the type of person who believes they are fixed, or can you develop them through dedication and effort? Are you the type of person who sees failure as an opportunity to grow or a limit of your abilities? Do you believe you can learn to do anything you want, or do you feel like you’re either good at something or you’re not? Are you the type of person who likes to try new things or stick to what you know? Are you the type of person who views feedback as constructive, or do you find feedback and criticism to be personal? Your answers to these questions shed light on whether you embrace a fixed mindset or growth mindset, which can have a powerful impact on motivation, productivity, relationships, and more. In this episode of BioTrust Radio, we share 10 tips for developing a growth mindset. Enjoy!
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
- Listen to it on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save as.”
- Read the Podcast Transcript
“You either win or you learn.” – Shawn Wells
Thanks to an assist from transformational life coach Suzanne Mountain, in this episode of BioTrust Radio, we’re going to delve into 10 steps to a growth mindset at any stage in life. Here’s some of the key take-aways that we’ll cover in this episode:
- The difference between a growth mindset a fixed mindset.
- Why cultivating a sense of purpose is central to a growth mindset.
- Why it’s more important to focus on the process than the outcome.
- Why you need to acknowledge your imperfections, and if you’re a health and fitness professional, this could be one of the most powerful steps you can take.
- Why we have to step outside of our comfort zone if we truly want to grow—that’s where the magic happens. You either win or you learn.
- Why it’s so important to view challenges as opportunities for growth.
- How to learn to hear and name your fixed mindset voice and how to reframe.
- How to harness the power of the word ‘yet’ to help build potential.
- Why we need to learn to accept feedback and separate the emotion to extract important lessons.
- Why we all need to celebrate growth by acknowledging progress.
- Why it’s important to take a moment to celebrate your success—recognize the process, not just the outcome.
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions on this topic. Please leave a comment, story, or question below, and if we feature your comment or answer your questions on the show, you’ll receive a FREE BioTrust product of your choice!
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember… you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body!
Resources from This Episode:
- 10 steps to a growth mindset at any stage in life – Suzanne Mountain (Thrive Global)
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success – Carol Dweck
- 10 Steps to Creating an Abundance Mindset – BioTrust Radio #57
- 10 Things Keeping You Unhappy with Life (and how to avoid them) – BioTrust Radio #43
- Stress Management: 12 Proven Techniques to Conquer Everyday Stress – BioTrust Radio #40
- How to Live to Be 100…(the keys to healthy aging) – BioTrust Blog
- How to Boost Your Mental Fortitude in 13 Easy Steps (be a mental ninja) – BioTrust Blog
- 9 Ways to Make Your New Year’s Resolution Stick in 2019 – BioTrust Blog