With the dawn of a new year, it’s time to start thinking about losing weight, managing your finances, getting a new job, and other optimistic ideals. If you’re like most people, previous year’s resolutions have eluded you; more like illusions than resolutions, right? Part of the problem could be that you’ve focused on the wrong types of goals. When you focus on changing your behaviors (instead of chasing an outcome), it can radically change your life, and in this episode of BioTrust Radio, we share 12 unique New Year’s resolutions to consider. Enjoy!
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
- Listen to it on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save as.”
- Read the Podcast Transcript Here
“Change brings opportunity.” – Nido Qubein
Thanks to an assist from the Minimalism Master Joshua Becker, founder of the Becoming Minimalist blog, in this episode of BioTrust Radio, we’ll discuss 12 Unique Life Resolutions to Consider. Here’s what you can expect to learn in this episode:
- Why you need to put “laughing” on your to-do list every day.
- Why it’s critical to focus on resolutions that are built on behaviors — not outcomes.
- Why you should practice solitude, meditation, and breath work daily.
- Why it’s important to make gratitude a daily a discipline.
- Why you need to slow down when you drive and how that can influence other areas of your life.
- How fasting can teach us self-control, self-denial, self-awareness, and sacrifice.
- How a “do it now” mentality can be a game-changer.
- Why weight-loss efforts need to be structured around building better dietary habits — not a number on the scale.
- What it truly means to be an alpha male and how most modern men are failing us.
- Why it’s so important to dialogue with our elders and ask them questions about their lives.
- How to harness the power of addition by subtraction by eliminating vices like pornography.
- Why going to bed earlier is the key to getting better sleep and having a more successful (next) day.
- How giving to charity and volunteering your time and talents can spread incredible joy.
- Why you need to make time to date your spouse.
What about you? Do you have a New Year’s resolution? We encourage you to share your stories and questions below, and if we feature your comments or answer your questions on the show, you’ll receive a FREE BioTrust product of your choice!
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember… you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body!
Resources from This Episode:
- 12 Unique Life Resolutions to Consider – Joshua Becker
- Learn the Wim Hof Method – Free 3-Day Mini-Course
- The Wim Hof Method – Mobile App
- The Headspace App – Guided Meditation and Mindfulness
- Calm App – Meditation Techniques for Sleep and Stress Reduction
- Neuroscience of Internet Pornography Addiction: A Review and Update – Love et al.
- The Model Health Show Podcast – Shawn Stevenson
- Bedros Keullian – Official Website
- 10 Steps to Creating an Abundance Mindset – BioTrust Radio #57
- The Power of Gratitude (60 Things to Be Grateful for) – BioTrust Radio #58
- 13 Tips to Beat Procrastination and Get Things Done – BioTrust Radio #48
- 7 Morning Habits of Successful People – BioTrust Radio #42
- Stress Management: 12 Proven Techniques to Conquer Everyday Stress – BioTrust Radio #40