Is Your Obsession with Being Fit Unhealthy? – BioTrust Radio #50
How do you approach health and fitness? Do you control it? Or, does it control you? Is there such thing as eating too healthy? Is it possible to exercise too much? In a society that’s characterized by overeating processed junk food and living a sedentary lifestyle, it’s hard to believe, but, yes, it’s possible to have too much of a good thing. An obsession with being fit cannot only be unhealthy, it can be counterproductive and downright dangerous. In this episode of BioTrust Radio, we’ll reveal some of the warnings signs that your well-intentioned efforts may have crossed the line, and we’ll also help give you the tools you need to do to find the healthy middle ground.
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
- Listen to it on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save as.”
- Read the Transcript Here
“Food is the most widely abused anti-anxiety drug in American, and exercise is the most potent, yet underutilized anti-depressant.” – Bill Phillips
Thanks to an assist from Keith Lai from Tiny Buddha®, in this episode of BioTrust Radio, Shawn and Tim talk about Being Fit Without Letting Food and Exercise Control You. Here are some of the things we’ll cover in this podcast:
- Diet and exercise are only two pieces of a much larger puzzle.
- Why you may need to take a critical look at your relationship with food and exercise.
- How an “all-or-nothing” approach can be dangerous.
- Why a healthy lifestyle is not about being perfect.
- Warning signs that your approach to health and fitness has crossed the line and may be unhealthy.
- How to find the healthy middle ground.
- What it means to live a life worth living.
We’ll discuss these topics and much, much more! And how about you? Do you struggle with moderation when it comes to diet and exercise? How has it affected you? How do you deal with it?
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember… you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body!
Resources from This Episode:
- Being Fit Without Letting Food and Exercise Control You – Keith Lai
- Nutrition Counseling for Food and Body Image Healing – Marci Evans
- Find a Therapist, Counselor, or Psychologist – Psychology Today
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder – Resources
- National Eating Disorders – Resources
- 8 Keys to Healthy Aging (NOT Nutrition or Exercise) – BioTrust Radio #14
- Ben Greenfield’s Secret Morning Routine – BioTrust Radio #29
- How to Boost Your Mental Fortitude in 13 Easy Steps (be a mental ninja) – BioTrust Blog
- 7 Incredible Health Benefits of Walking Daily (so bust a move) – BioTrust Blog
- Food Addiction: Can You Actually Be Addicted to Food? – BioTrust Blog