Is Collagen Really Worth All the Hype? – BioTrust Radio #51
By now, you’ve surely heard all the buzz about collagen. From beautiful, glowing skin to healthy, supple joints to gut health and so, so much more, the benefits of collagen seem almost too good to be true for everyone — whether you’re young and ambitious, middle-aged, or in your golden years. Is collagen really the fountain of youth? Or, is it just another fad? In this episode of BioTrust Radio, we’ll educate you on collagen, break down the science, talk about the benefits, teach you exactly what to look for in a collagen protein powder, tell you how much to use, and so much more. Enjoy!
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
- Listen to it on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save as.”
- Read the Transcript Here
“You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old.”
Products Mentioned in This Episode:
- Ageless Multi-Collagen Protein Powder
- Joint 33X Joint Health Supplement
- Ageless Body Advanced Mitochondria Support and Anti-Aging Supplement
- IC-5 Advanced Carb Management and Keto Diet Booster
- Ageless Core Energy-Boosting Daily Multivitamin
- AbsorbMax Full-Spectrum Digestive Enzyme Supplement
- Platinum 1 Premium Grass-Fed Whey Protein
In this episode of BioTrust Radio, Shawn and Tim take a deep dive into one of the hottest topics in health, fitness, nutrition, and supplementation: COLLAGEN. They’ll peel back the layers on this all-important protein as they set out to educate you on this important topic, help you understand why you should be using a collagen supplement, and along those lines, exactly what to look for in a collagen protein powder. Here’s what you can expect to learn in this fast-paced, information-packed podcast:
- What is collagen protein? What does it do?
- Why is collagen the most important protein in your body?
- What does collagen protein do to your body?
- What makes collagen protein so unique? How is different from other sources of protein?
- What’s the difference between whey protein and collagen protein?
- What happens when your levels of collagen decline? What are the outward signs of collagen depletion?
- What factors deplete our levels of collagen?
- What are the health benefits of collagen protein?
- What are the best sources of collagen protein?
- Why do you need a collagen supplement? What should you be looking for in a collagen protein powder?
- How much collagen protein should you be taking?
- What makes Ageless Multi-Collagen different from other collagen protein powders?
- What’s the difference between Ageless Multi-Collagen and bone broth?
- What are the different types of collagen? Why do you need multiple types of collagen to experience all the benefits of collagen?
- What two nutrients do you need to take with collagen to get the biggest bang for the buck?
- Why are hydrolyzed collagen peptides so important? Why should you only use a collagen protein powder that contains collagen peptides?
- What are the benefits of supplementing with collagen peptides?
We’ll answer these questions and much, much more! Enjoy!
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember… you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body!
Resources from This Episode:
- Vitamin C–enriched gelatin supplementation before intermittent activity augments collagen synthesis – Shaw et al. (2016)
- Minimizing Injury and Maximizing Return to Play: Lessons from Engineered Ligaments – Baar (2017)
- BioTrust VIP Community
- What is Collagen and Should You Be Taking It? – BioTrust Blog
- Top 3 Collagen Benefits – BioTrust Blog
- What You Need to Know About the Benefits of Collagen Peptides – BioTrust YouTube