Are you already drinking the Keto Kool-Aid? Thinking about joining the masses and jumping aboard the Keto bandwagon? Before you consume one more fat bomb, drink one more cup of oil-infused coffee, or commit to signing off on carbs, find out why going Keto may be a huge mistake. While Keto can certainly be useful, in this episode of BioTrust Radio, we talk about how it’s just one of many tools in the toolbox, and we’ll reveal 5 strategies that everyone should be taking first (before they even think about trying Keto). Enjoy!
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
- Listen to it on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save as.”
- Read the Podcast Transcript Here
“Don’t get distracted by the shiny object. Execute on the fundamentals.” – Reed Hastings
Products Mentioned in This Episode:
- IC-5 Advanced Carb Management and Keto Diet Booster
In this episode of BioTrust Radio, Shawn (a Keto expert with 20-plus years’ experience) and Tim take a deep dive into one of the hottest topics in health and nutrition: KETO. They talk about why Keto is not just another fad diet, BUT Keto is one of the last stops that you should be making to their diet. Instead, they provide you with a road map to what they believe is an optimal path for most people, including the 5 Steps nearly everyone should take first before trying Keto.
Here’s what you can expect to learn in this fast-paced, information-packed podcast:
- Why Keto is not just another fad diet.
- Why Keto is one of the last stops that you should be making to their diet.
- Why Step One of improving diet quality involves reducing sweetness in your diet — added sugars, artificial sweeteners, and even naturally-derived sweeteners.
- How certain Keto foods can drive overeating (just like junk foods) by overriding our internal signals of fullness and satisfaction.
- Why Step Two (of eating healthy) should be eating real, whole foods (and less processed foods).
- Why Step Three of improving diet quality should be practicing some sort of fasting.
- How various forms of fasting can boost health and self-control, and why fasting is superior to caloric restriction.
- How condensing your feeding window by 3 hours can enhance health and weight management.
- Why Step Four (of healthy eating) should be eating a Mediterranean-style diet.
- Why experimenting with optimization tools (such as Keto) should be the last step you make to your diet.
- Why you have to be very careful as the pendulum swings from low fat to low carb.
- What are the best, healthiest fats that you should be including in your diet.
- Why Keto is so much more than just some fad diet.
- Why you should care about elevating levels of ketones and how you can raise your ketones without a Ketogenic diet.
- Who should be using a Keto diet and when.
- What’s the difference between being in ketosis and being in a ketogenic state and why being in ketosis does not necessarily mean fat loss.
We’ll cover these topics and much, much more! Enjoy!
Products Mentioned in This Episode:
- IC-5 Keto Diet Booster
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember… you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body!
Resources from This Episode:
- Effects of 8-hour time restricted feeding on body weight and metabolic disease risk factors in obese adults: A pilot study – Gabel, Kelsey et al. (2018)
- The ABCs of the Keto Diet – BioTrust Radio #28
- Paleo vs Keto Face Off: Which Diet is Better For You? – BioTrust Radio #26
- Is Keto Dangerous? – BioTrust Radio #30
- What is the Keto Flu? And 10 Ways to Get Rid of It – BioTrust Blog
- What is the Ketogenic Diet? A Beginner’s Guide – BioTrust Blog
- Simple Tips to Maximize Your Ketogenic Diet Results – BioTrust Blog
- Is the Keto Diet Safe? Get All the Facts Here… – BioTrust Blog
- What is the Mediterranean Diet? A Beginner’s Guide – BioTrust Blog
- Food Addiction: Can You Actually Be Addicted to Food? – BioTrust Blog
- Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting (Does it Work? Is It Safe?) – BioTrust Blog
- Debunking the Myth: Exogenous Ketones Boost Keto Results – BioTrust Blog
- 5 Tactics To Boost Your Mitochondrial Health & Your Longevity – BioTrust Blog
- How to Boost Your Metabolic Flexibility in 3 Steps – BioTrust Blog
- Is a Low-Carb Diet Healthy (or just more dieting hype)? – BioTrust Blog