Like it or not, setbacks are a fact of life. And while bigger setbacks (like divorce, losing a job, natural disasters, debt, and death) tend to be most crippling, even the most minor setbacks can leave us in a tizzy and lead us into the depths of a downward spiral. Regardless of how big or small, setbacks usually leave us with similar feelings of self-doubt and helplessness…but there’s hope. In this episode of BioTrust Radio, we reveal 6 strategies that we’ve found to be very effective when it comes to bouncing back — better than ever. Enjoy!
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
- Listen to it on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save as.”
- Read the Full Transcript
“You can’t read the label when you’re inside the bottle.”
Thanks to an assist from Leo Babauta of Zen Habits, in this episode of BioTrust Radio, Shawn and Tim talk about Coming Back from a Setback. Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this episode:
- What are unmet expectations and how can they lead to setbacks, problems in business, and rifts in relationships.
- How to combat self-doubt, a natural part of dealing with setbacks that is actually another setback in and of itself.
- How to dig yourself out of even deepest hole of feelings of helplessness and how to cope with feelings of lack of control in healthy, productive ways.
- Why you need to embrace reality and celebrate your wins in order to bounce back from a setback.
- How to embrace who YOU are — why that’s so critical to getting back on track — by highlighting your bright spots (and realizing that no one is perfect).
- Why you need to embrace the suck and give yourself the space to feel bad — that’s OK.
- Why it’s so important to keep in mind that “this too shall pass”; in other words, setbacks are just temporary, like a passing cloud.
- Why one of the most important steps of digging out of a setback involves taking inventory of your blessings by practicing gratitude.
- Why you need to step outside yourself and stop wallowing in self-pity, and instead, become other-focused and find a way to help someone else.
- Why it’s so important for you to identify your gift and why it’s your duty to share it with others.
We’ll discuss these topics and much, much more! And how about you? Have you struggled with a setback? How has it affected you? How have you dealt with it?
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember… you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body!
Resources from This Episode:
- Coming Back From a Setback – Leo Babauta
- The Power of Less – Leo Babauta
- The Obstacle is the Way – Ryan Holiday
- The Tim Ferriss Show – Tim Ferriss
- Stress Management: 12 Proven Techniques to Conquer Everyday Stress – BioTrust Radio #40
- 7 Simple Tips to Be More Productive (and Maximize your Time) – BioTrust Radio #41
- 7 Morning Habits of Successful People (Win the Day!) – BioTrust Radio #42
- 10 Things Keeping You Unhappy with Life (and how to avoid them) – BioTrust Radio #43
- 9 Life Hacks for a Better Life NOW! – BioTrust Radio #33
- 10 Keys to Winning at Life from Shawn Wells Keto Expert – BioTrust Radio #39
- How to Boost Your Mental Fortitude in 13 Easy Steps (be a mental ninja) – BioTrust Blog