5 Ways to Break Free from Mental Barriers – BioTrust Radio #56
How many times has fear left you feeling paralyzed, held you back from doing the things that you really wanted, or kept you from achieving your goals? If you’re like most people, probably more often than you care to count. It’s our goal to help you live the life you’re meant to, and in this episode of BioTrust Radio, we’ll reveal 5 ways to break through mental barriers, and when fear does creep in, you’ll be ready to overcome it. Enjoy!
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
- Listen to it on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save as.”
- Read the Podcast Transcript Here
“There’s a piece of wisdom that says life is the hardest teacher because she gives you the test before the lesson. That’s failure. Failure is how you learn. Failure is a necessary component of success…It is not possible to really succeed without failing first.”- Dr. Chantal M. Gagnon
Thanks to an assist from Dr. Chantal M. Gagnon at PsychCentral®, in this episode of BioTrust Radio, Shawn and Tim reveal 5 Ways to Break Free from Mental Barriers. The next time you feel fear creeping in, it won’t hold you back!
Here’s what you can expect to learn in this episode:
- What’s more important for weight loss: cardio, weight training, or a combination of both
- Why the first step to overcoming mental barriers is changing your mindset about failure
- Why you need to do the thing you’re afraid of — called exposure therapy — to help you break through mental barriers
- Why the first literal step to overcoming mental barriers is getting up and doing something — just put one foot in front of the other — because if you don’t try, you’ll never achieve your goal
- Why you need to get comfortable with uncertainty and use it as a tool to prepare yourself and approach mental barriers more objectively
- Why you need to recognize that you are both imperfect and enough; why the paradigm shift to “perfect sucks” is crucial to abolishing mental barriers
- Why you need to learn to ask for help — and offer help to others — if you want to truly break through mental barriers
We’ll discuss these topics and much, much more! And how about you? What kind of mental barriers do you struggle with? What tools do you use to overcome mental barriers? We’d love to hear from you!
Enjoy the show? Please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or Stitcher.
Don’t miss an episode of BioTrust Radio! Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher.
Join our Private Facebook VIP Coaching & Inner Circle Community
Have a comment or question on this episode? Comment below.
And remember… you’re just one decision away from better health and a better body!
Resources from This Episode:
- What’s Holding You Back? 5 Ways to Break Free from Mental Barriers – Dr. Chantal M. Gagnon
- Living with a SEAL: 31 Days Training with the Toughest Man on the Planet – Jesse Itzler
- Oura Ring Sleep and Activity Tracker
- Lewis Howes
- The ABCs of the Keto Diet: Avocados, Bacon, Coconut oil, and beyond! – BioTrust Radio #28
- Stress Management: 12 Proven Techniques to Conquer Everyday Stress – BioTrust Radio #40
- 13 Tips to Beat Procrastination and Get Things Done – BioTrust Radio #48
- 6 Ways to Bounce Back from a Setback – BioTrust Radio #54
- How to Boost Your Mental Fortitude in 13 Easy Steps (be a mental ninja) – BioTrust Blog
- Best Cardio For Weight Loss: Steady State vs High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) – BioTrust Blog
- Exercise Faceoff: Heavy vs. Light Weight Lifting for Weight Loss – BioTrust Blog
- Dad Bod Workout Plan: A Fitness Guide for Busy Guys – BioTrust Blog