Having more “stuff” and doing more “things” doesn’t usually lead to more happiness. Here are 8 key reasons why it may be time for you to live a simpler life.
Do you ever feel like you have so much stuff going on, so many things to do, so many people to please that you barely have time to breathe? To immerse yourself in your surroundings? To take care of yourself? To fully invest yourself in the people you care most about? If that sounds familiar, then it may be time to think about simplifying your otherwise complicated and complex life. And since you may need some convincing, we thought you’d like this episode of BioTrust Radio where we share 8 key lessons for living a simple life straight from the master of simplicity himself. Enjoy!
Ways to Listen:
Or Listen Here (press play below):
- Listen to it on iTunes or Stitcher.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save as.”
- Read the Transcript Here
“What if we became crystal clear on what we wanted in life? If we knew what we wanted to create, how we wanted to live…we could say yes to these things and no to everything else. Saying no to more things would simplify our lives.” – Leo Babauta
Thanks to an assist from the master of simplicity and mindfulness Leo Babauta, founder of the Zen Habits blog, in this episode of BioTrust Radio, we’ll discuss 8 Key Lessons for Living a Simple Life. Here’s what you can expect to learn in this episode:
- How many of the struggles we deal with and much of the stress we face are self-inflicted.
- Why we need to become mindful of our attachments, which can lead to clutter and complexity.
- Why you need to let go of your attachment to being busy.
- Why you need to put everything you do into “full-screen mode” so you can put your full attention into the people and things that deserve it.
- Why it’s important to schedule “padding” time between tasks, responsibilities, etc.
- Why it’s critical to identify the simple things that you find the most joy in and compare that list with what you’re actually doing and spending time on.
- Why setting boundaries, saying NO, and having an accountability partner are essential to living an infinitely better, simpler, and more joyful life.
- Why sometimes doing absolutely nothing can lead to a greater sense of gratitude.
What about you? How has simplifying helped you thrive? We encourage you to share your stories and questions below, and if we feature your comments or answer your questions on the show, you’ll receive a FREE BioTrust product of your choice!
Resources from This Episode:
- 8 Key Lessons for Living a Simple Life – Leo Babauta
- The Power of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential…in Business and in Life – Leo Babauta
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life – Henry Cloud
- Top 10 Things to Simplify in Your Life – BioTrust Radio #60
- 10 Steps to Creating an Abundance Mindset – BioTrust Radio #57
- 12 Powerful Habits That Will Change Your Life – BioTrust Radio #35