How to Choose the Best Greens Powder For You
Most of us know how important it is to eat a wide variety of fruits and veggies along with nutrient-rich herbs, spices, and other superfoods. Yet only 10% of Americans even eat the minimum amount of fruits and vegetables. That means most of us are falling far short of supplying the nutrients our bodies need.
What’s more, many experts recommend eating at least 30 different fruits and vegetables every week. But, let’s be honest: it’s difficult to get that much variety due to seasonal availability, recipe selections, budget, and taste. In other words, it can be overwhelming trying to get such a wide variety of nutrients into our daily diets.
That’s where greens powders shine. What could be easier than getting a wide variety of powerful polyphenols (i.e., phytonutrients that promote a healthy antioxidant balance and positively impact vital functions throughout our bodies) in one easy-to-consume drink?
But of course, not all greens powders are created equal. So, what should you look for when it comes to a quality product? We’re glad you asked!
1. A Wide Variety of Superfoods
A greens powder that only provides a handful of different (often cheap) ingredients only gets you so far. This can mean they’re not optimized to provide the most important polyphenols and antioxidants.
Look for a greens drink that is loaded with 20, 30, 40, or more different superfoods that you can consume easily. Some powerful ones to look for include:
- Greens like spirulina, chlorella, alfalfa, spinach, and Brussels sprouts
- Vegetables like broccoli, carrot, and onion
- Fruits like pomegranate, blueberry, apple, blackberry, chokeberry, and raspberry
- Mushrooms like reishi and shiitake
- Herbs like turmeric, parsley, garlic, cinnamon, basil, oregano, and more…
2. Great Tasting and Great Smelling
No matter how powerful the nutrients are, if the green powder tastes like grass clippings, smells like a fish tank, or feels gritty like sawdust, it will be hard to consume, especially on the daily. While tastes vary, read through customer reviews to see how the taste is described. Do people look forward to a refreshing, energizing glass of berry-flavored juice that crushes their cravings for sweets? Or, do they barely choke it down only because they think it’s good for them?
Greens can taste great. Really! So, don’t settle.
3. Only Quality Ingredients
Before consuming any product—whether food or supplement—it’s worth taking a minute to flip the container over to look through the actual ingredients. Even so-called healthy products can contain ingredients most of us try to limit, if not avoid altogether. This includes synthetic chemicals like colors, flavors, and preservatives, artificial sweeteners, and various sugars. Other ingredients some people avoid include gluten, soy, and GMOs.
Look at the list of ingredients—are any of these hiding in the list? If so, choose a product that provides only honest, health-optimizing ingredients.
4. Smooth Mixing
If your greens powder immediately settles at the bottom of the glass, or worse, never mixes in the first place, you’ll be left with a gritty, grimy powder in your mouth and waste money with the rest that’s stuck to the bottom of your bottle. Sure, you will have to mix it in a glass, blender or shaker bottle, or blender, but it should dissolve fairly easily for a smooth, delicious drink.
What Makes MetaboGreens Our Favorite Super Green Powder?
While there are hundreds of different greens powders available, in our opinion, one rises to the top every time: BioTRUST MetaboGreens. This quality supplement was designed to:
- Help energize you throughout the day by providing over 40 different phytonutrient-rich superfood vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
- Taste great—in fact, it’s been voted as American’s best-tasting greens powder! With its sweet berry flavor, you’re sure to enjoy glass after glass.
- Mix easily in seconds with water, tea, juice, nut milks, or any beverage of your choice. You’ll boost energy and hydration without chewing on clumps or grit.
- Digest smoothly by providing a balanced organic fiber blend with prebiotics, including acacia gum, inulin, and beta-glucan, along with enzymes like bromelain and cellulase.
Simply mix one scoop of MetaboGreens with six ounces of water or your preferred beverage anytime throughout the day to help boost hydration, energy, and mental clarity with no added caffeine or other stimulants.
MetaboGreens is great for on the go and can even be mixed with your favorite protein powder or into a smoothie or smoothie bowl and can even be used to create great-tasting popsicles, post-workout rehydration drinks, or immunity-supporting soups. It really is that versatile.