Crockpot Crustless Chicken Pot Pie Recipe (gluten & dairy-free)
The ultimate set it and forget it kitchen appliance comes in handy whether you are looking for something to satisfy your family on a busy weeknight or just want a home-cooked meal on a lazy weekend. The slow cooker is where it’s at!
Once fall arrives, my slow cooker takes center stage as I recreate my childhood recipes in a healthier fashion. One of my favorite comfort foods growing up was a chicken pot pie. The flaky, buttery crust, combined with the creamy chicken and vegetables always hit the spot.
This version is dairy-free, gluten-free, and crustless. I promise this crustless chicken pot pie recipe checks all the boxes and is perfectly warming on a cool, crisp fall day.
Crockpot Crustless Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 3 cups Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup onion
- 1 Tbsp garlic
- 3 cups broth
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 Tbsp parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté celery, carrot, onion, and garlic for two minutes or until slightly translucent.
- Layer raw chicken, vegetables, and potatoes in the crockpot.
- Add broth and set crockpot to low for five to six hours.
- Remove the chicken and one cup of potatoes and one cup of broth.
- Blend potatoes, almond milk, and cup of broth until smooth.
- Add potato mixture back into the crockpot.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and then return the chicken to the crockpot.
- Stir everything together until well combined.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Chef Note: If you prefer, you can use a precooked rotisserie chicken for this crustless chicken pot pie recipe. This will reduce the cook time to half as you will only need enough time to cook the potatoes. Be sure to add the chicken toward the end, so it doesn’t dry out.
Chef Note: You can use any variety of potato you prefer. I am partial to the Yukon gold for the creamy consistency.
Chef Note: You can also add peas if you enjoy—they are definitely something I recall from traditional pot pies, but if I’m being honest, I always picked them out. 😉
Yields 4 servings
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbs: 32 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 28 g