Tis the season for everything pumpkin spice! Add a few special spices (e.g., cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice, cloves, or vanilla) to your coffee, tea, dessert, and more, and BAM—it tastes like fall, y’all.
One of my favorite ways to indulge in a bit of pumpkin spice is to add these spices to a cup of steaming hot java. I make up a shaker of these spices and sprinkle them in with a scoop of my vanilla BioTRUST Low-Carb (you can also just buy the pumpkin spice mix from your local grocery store). The taste is comparable to those expensive coffee chains; however, nutrition wise, you would be hard pressed to find such a delicious and nutritious beverage that is so clean and healthy and boasts 24 grams of grass-fed protein from pasture-raised cows.
Another one of my favorite ways to enjoy the taste of fall is in this Easy Twisted Pumpkin Spice Danish.
Easy Twisted Pumpkin Spice Danish
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 scoop BioTRUST Low Carb Vanilla
- 2 sheets of puff pastry (such as Dufour Classic Puff Pastry)
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with silicon baking sheets or parchment paper.
- To make the pumpkin spice sugar: In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, vanilla, BioTRUST Low Carb Protein Powder, and 2 tablespoons of the
- On a clean work surface, lay the puff pastry flat and evenly spread the cream cheese over each sheet. Then spread with an even layer of the pumpkin mix over the cream cheese. Measure out 10 half-inch wide strips (lengthwise) and cut through. Fold each half-inch strip in half lengthwise with the filling sides together. Then twist each strip several times (some of the filling may squeeze out, and that’s okay). You can leave as twists, or to make swirls, simply roll the twisted pastry into a coil. Place each one on the baking sheet. Brush each one with butter and then sprinkle the remaining pumpkin spice sugar mix evenly over the top.
- Bake the twists for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve warm with a light dusting or sprinkle of coarse sugar, if desired.
Pumpkin Spice Danish Nutrition Facts:
- Calories: 305
- Total Fat: 23.7 g
- Total Carbohydrate: 18.2 g
- Fiber: .8 g
- Protein: 4.8 g