High-Protein Vegan Snacks Recipes: Here are Our 5 Favorite
Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or just enjoy incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables into your healthy diet, I have some delicious high-protein vegan snacks you’ll definitely want to include in your snack rotation.
Sure, it’s easy enough to reach for something store bought or throw a pre-made snack pack in your bag, but having a healthy homemade (or semi-homemade) snack ready to go for when real hunger hits is crucial for busy folks on the go, especially when you want to keep hunger, energy, and cravings in check!
5 High-Protein Vegan Snacks
- One 15-oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Open and drain can of chickpeas.
- Allow chickpeas to dry, or pat dry with a paper towel.
- Evenly coat with seasoning, or toss in a bag with seasoning.
- Lay coated chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until they’re nice and crunchy.
- Let cool for around 10 minutes and start snacking.
Chef Notes: You can use any seasoning you like. You can even toss with different seasonings per batch (e.g., a packet of spinach and artichoke dip on one, vegan ranch dressing seasoning for another, etc.). These little high-protein vegan snacks take on the flavor of whatever spices you put on top of them and can pack a flavorful punch, but without the guilt!
Yields 6 servings
- Calories: 84
- Fat: .8 g
- Carbs: 16 g
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Enjoy these delicious, high-protein vegan snacks!
Chef Notes: You can combine whichever nuts you prefer. True story, I realized after making this for myself that my children really enjoy cashews. I went back to take photographs of the blend and noticed the cashews were missing. Low and behold, they had picked them all out. Who knew?
Yields 13 quarter-cup servings
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 10.2 g
- Carbs: 7.5 g
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- One 15-oz can chickpeas
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (I use Frank’s)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup roasted red pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Put everything into a food processor or blender (I used my NutriBullet®), and blend until it’s creamy.
- Serve with pita cut into small wedges or triangles.
Chef Notes: You can add less or more hot sauce—to your liking.
Chef Notes: You can serve with fresh cut vegetables or bread if you prefer.
Yields 8 servings
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Carbs: 34.2 g
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Fiber: 9.9 g
- Protein: 11.1 g
Celery and Almond Butter
- 4 stalks of celery
- 2 packets of almond butter
- Clean and slice celery stalks.
- Smear celery stalks with almond butter.
Chef Notes: You can add raisins to these to make it fun for kids.
Chef Notes: You can use any nut butter you prefer.
Yields 2 servings
- Calories: 103
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Carbs: 4 g
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
Harvest Plant-Based Protein Blend
Here is what makes Harvest one of the best high-protein vegan snacks:
- 20 grams of complete plant-based protein from pea, pumpkin, and hemp
- 4 grams of net carbs from plants—no added sugar
- 6 grams of fiber, including gut-friendly prebiotics
- FREE from GMOs, pesticides, and herbicides
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free
- Naturally sweetened and flavored by plants—NO artificial sweeteners or additives
- Features protein-digesting enzymes for stomach-friendly digestion and enhanced bioavailability
- Delicious, smooth, and creamy vegan protein powder the whole family will enjoy
Plus, you can get an extra 15% off your Harvest Protein when you use promo code: BLOG15 at checkout.
==> Limited Time: Get Harvest With an Extra 15% Off Now (use discount code BLOG15 at checkout)