You’ve probably heard of a crockpot or slow cooker, but if yours is gathering dust in the back of your pantry, it’s likely because you don’t know how versatile and time saving crockpot cooking can be. They’re not just for pot roast or soups anymore! In fact, you can cook all kinds of tasty dishes in your common crockpot!
The top reason to pull out your crockpot and give it a good dusting is simplicity. Simply add the ingredients needed and then come back 6 – 8 hours later to a hot, delicious meal. Perfect for long days when you and your family come home hungry.
Plus, slow cooking releases intense flavors and allows them to deepen and become enhanced over the cooking time in a way typical cooking does not.
All that said, this keto beef stew recipe is still classified as a soup or a stew, although you can use it in multiple ways. For example, you could serve it with a side of mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice while still sticking with the keto theme. For today, though, I’m going to share this ridiculously savory recipe that’s sure to get you some brownie points in the kitchen and impress your friends and family.
Keto Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- Optional: Your favorite fibrous vegetables, such as carrots, onion, cauliflower, etc.
- 1 packet powdered ranch dressing*
- 5 Tbsps butter
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 6 pepperoncini hot peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
*NOTE: Most store-bought powdered Ranch dressing mixes are a far cry from “good for you” with additives like MSG, maltodextrin, artificial ingredients, and the like. Make sure you read labels carefully. An even better option may be to make your own, which you can do in just a couple of minutes with ¼ cup dried parsley leaf, 1 tablespoon dill weed, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon sea salt, ½ teaspoon dried chives, and ½ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Set crockpot on the low setting and allow pot to warm up as you prepare the ingredients.
- If you decide to add fibrous and harder veggies to the mix, add them first to the bottom of the crockpot with the meat. (You want the meat to be moist and well cooked, and keeping it closer to the heating element provides the extra heat it needs.)
- Next, sprinkle the ranch dressing mix over the meat. Cut butter into patties and place evenly over meat.
- In separate dish, mix broth, soy sauce, and garlic powder and then pour mixture into the crockpot.
- Finally, place pepperoncini evenly over the top of the mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
Voila! And you’re keto beef stew is done. Now, go enjoy your day and when you return home, you’ll have a savory dinner ready to eat!
Chef Tip: If you’d like to up the fiber content and nutritional value of this keto beef stew recipe, add chopped carrots, celery, onions, or other fibrous veggies to the stew.
Chef Tip: Don’t take the lid off your crockpot to check on things for at least 5 hours. Every time you do, you lower the temperature and extend the required cooking time.
Keto Beef Stew Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Recipe yields 4 servings
• Calories: 373
• Total fat: 22 g
• Total carbohydrate: 4 g
• Dietary fiber: 0 g
• Protein: 24 g
Supercharge Your Diet Results with IC-5