Coach C’s Sheet Pan Chicken Recipe With Potatoes
If you are like me, you aren’t in the mood, nor quite frankly do you have the time, to come up with an elaborate dinner after a long day of work. With the growing trend of air fryers and Instant Pots, folks are looking for super simple ways to get a healthy meal with minimal effort.
Another easy way to save time and effort on both cooking and cleanup is to prepare the full meal with one pot or, in this case, with one sheet pan.
I wanted to test two cooking methods with a sheet pan chicken recipe to see whether it would fare better in the oven or on the grill. My taste testers said both were equally good, and they wouldn’t turn down a plate from either method of cooking.
I can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 lb small yellow potatoes quartered
- 1 lb radishes halved
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts halved
- ½ lb carrots sliced
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 leeks halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zest
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 handful of arugula
- dill garnish
- lemon juice garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees or fire up the grill.
- Mix together first seven ingredients.
- Add oil to the mixture until generously coated.
- Add chicken to sheet pan and surround it with vegetables.
- Cook for roughly 15 minutes.
- While the chicken and veggies are cooking, toss leeks with lemon zest and add oil as needed.
- Remove chicken and veggies from the oven and add the leeks to the top and cook for another 20 – 25 minutes.
- While the chicken, veggies, and leeks finish cooking, combine Greek yogurt, garlic, and dill in a small bowl.
- When chicken is done, top with arugula, Greek Yogurt, and optional garnishes.