Ever have a hankering for your mother’s homemade chicken noodle soup but don’t want to spend all day simmering it over the stove top, or even waiting for it to slow cook in the crock pot?
Enter the Instant Pot®.
In just 30 minutes start to finish, you can enjoy the comfort of being a kid again with this savory soup, and bonus, there’s only one pot to clean up!
The beauty of the Instant Pot is that you can sauté the onions first. (In my opinion, raw onions can really mess up a good dish, so this is a big win.) Then you can cook the chicken and veggies to perfection. And lastly, when you add the noodles, you can boil them without overcooking them and turning them into a slimy water-logged mess.
Follow me as I break down the recipe and show you how super simple and delicious cooking chicken noodle soup in your Instant Pot can be.
Simple Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts
- 6 cups chicken stock/broth
- 1 package egg noodles
- 3 carrots, sliced/chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced/chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced/chopped
- 1 – 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add onions to Instant Pot with a small pat of coconut oil or ghee, and set to sauté.
- Sauté with the lid off until the onions are browned (to your preference), then stop cycle.
- Add chicken breasts, remaining vegetables, chicken stock, and spices.
- Seal lid on Instant Pot and select “soup.” If your Instant Pot does not have a soup button, simply select “pressure cook” for 10 minutes.
- Once this cycle has stopped, remove the lid, and take out the chicken breasts to shred/cut and then set aside.
- Add package of egg noodles (or your choice of low-carb noodles).
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté, and boil until noodles are cooked.
- Add shredded/cut chicken back to Instant Pot.
- Voila! It’s time to enjoy some warm memories from childhood with this simple instant pot chicken noodle soup recipe!
Chicken Soup Nutrition Information:
Yields 6 servings
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbs: 27 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 44 g