Oreo Cheesecake Protein Donuts
Oreo protein donuts with a cheesecake frosting and more than 10 grams of protein each.
- 4 C (120g) Oreo O’s Cereal blended finely
- 2 Tbsp (14g) Coconut Flour
- 1 scoop (32g) BioTrust Low Carb Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 C (57g) Fat-Free Greek Yogurt vanilla
- 3/8 C (92g) Liquid Egg Whites or whites from two whole eggs
- 1/2 C (122g) Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) Walden Farms Pancake Syrup or low-calorie sticky sweetener of your choice
- 3/4 C (170g) Fat-Free Greek Yogurt vanilla
- 2 servings (16g) Sugar-Free Fat-Free Cheesecake Pudding Mix
- 1/2 C (15g) Oreo O’s Cereal crushed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and spray and donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Blend Oreo O’s in a food processor or crush in a Ziploc bag until it reaches a flour-like consistency.
- Add remaining dry donut ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Once you’ve mixed all dry ingredients, add the Greek yogurt, egg whites, apple sauce, and sticky sweetener in gradually. Your batter should be thick but if it’s too thick to spread, add a bit more apple sauce or sticky sweetener.
- Add the mixture to the donut pan, making sure to remove excess batter from the pan’s edges.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a donut can pass the toothpick test like cake.
- To make the cheesecake topping, mix the Greek yogurt and pudding mix in a small bowl. Use a spoon or knife to spread the topping on your donuts. You can crumble the O’s by hand or in a Ziploc bag before sprinkling them on top of the topped donuts. (If you’re going to store these in the refrigerator, add the O’s when you’re going to eat each donut. Otherwise, they’ll be stale.)