Health Bites Episode 6: 3 Tips to Sleep More Soundly + Keto Collagen Chocolate Mousse
Greetings and welcome to the BioTRUST Health Bites, your home for easy-to-make recipes that are healthy, nutritious and delicious along with practical, effective health tips to fuel your wellness and fitness goals.
Sleep…it’s arguably the most important yet overlooked and underappreciated ingredient to looking and feeling your absolute best.
While your chances of getting a good night’s rest are set long before your head hits the pillow, here are 3 simple bedroom tips to stack the odds in your favor.
3 Tips to Sleep More Soundly
First, turn down the thermostat. A cooler bedroom — between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit — helps lower your core body temperature, which naturally facilitates restorative sleep.
Next, make your room as dark as possible. Turn off or remove all bright lights from lamps, cell phones, TV screens, alarm clocks and other devices, which can impair sleep.
And number three, use ear plugs, a white noise machine or a fan to ensure that your bedroom is free from distracting noises.
Just remember: Cold, dark and quiet.
And finally, my top-secret bonus sleep tip: Add collagen protein to your nighttime routine.
Collagen is packed with glycine, which is a relaxing amino acid that helps improve sleep quality.
Speaking of collagen, I’ve got an absolutely delish recipe for you today that includes beauty sleep wonder!
Keto Collagen Chocolate Mousse with Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream divided
- 1 oz dark chocolate at least 85% cacao
- 1 scoop Collagen (or any collagen powder)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder (for serving, optional)
- 1 Scoop Keto Elevate
- Dissolve a Scoop of Collagen into a Cup of Coffee
- Beat 1 Egg Yolk Until Pale
- Add Egg Yolk to Melted Chocolate and Stir Well
- Pour Collagen Coffee Mixture into Egg Chocolate Mixture and Stir to Combine
- Whip 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream to Stiff Peaks
- Fold Heavy Cream into Coffee Collagen Mixture
- Add Liquid Stevia and Stir to Mix
- Divide Mixture into 2 Glasses and Refrigerate for at least 30 Minutes
- Whip 1/4 Cup of Remaining Cream and Garnish Mousse with Whipped Cream and Cocoa Powder