Healthy Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
I have been itching to create a healthy Pad Thai recipe for quite some time now and finally got the chance to give it a whirl. I actually tested this recipe out with a variety of “healthier” noodle options, and while some of the alternatives were tasty, I keep coming back to using traditional rice noodles. I am not opposed to using traditional noodles and found that splurging on that one ingredient really does make the dish.
If you are looking to cut down on some calories and carbs, then you could opt for palm noodles or another plant-based option or even bypass noodles all together. There is enough substance in the dish that the noodles can be completely optional.
I hope you enjoy this healthy Pad Thai recipe!
Pad Thai Ingredients
- 4 oz Pad Thai noodles
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 2 eggs whisked
- ½ lb chicken
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 lime
Pad Thai Sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp liquids aminos
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, and set aside.
- Whisk fish sauce, rice vinegar, Swerve brown sugar, and amino acids, and set aside.
- Sear chicken in a wok over medium-high heat, and set aside.
- Add chopped shallot, garlic, and ginger to the wok and cook over medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add whisked eggs to the wok and stir gently until scrambled/cooked.
- Add noodles, sauce mixture, and cooked chicken to wok and gently toss until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve with optional garnishes and top off with salt and pepper, to taste.