3 Delicious Mason Jar Recipes (for any meal or snack)
Once upon a time, overnight oats were all the rage. Well, to be fair, they still are in my house. But then shortly thereafter, the mason jar salad began to take over the jars in my home. Even my kids were getting in on the action, and I believe it has something to do with seeing the colorful layers through the crystal-clear glass. When your food is aesthetically pleasing, it somehow tastes better. I will challenge anyone who says otherwise to a duel. 😉
All kidding aside, I have been known to throw all caution to the wind and toss everything but the kitchen sink into a jar and call it a unique mason jar creation. Some of my favorites are taco salad, truffles, layered Jell-O® salad, and 7-layer Mexican dip.
This article checks all the boxes since it includes breakfast (which can totally be prepared the evening before), lunch, and/or dinner, and a super sinful dessert (which you can add any of our products in to kick up the health quotient (e.g., Low Carb Protein Powder Blend, Keto Elevate™, Ageless Multi-Collagen®).
Check it out, and let me know what you think!
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped bacon cooked
- ½ cup spinach
- Layer each ingredient into the jar, leaving the eggs for last.
- Place lid onto the jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to eat, simply shake the jar until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pop the jar (sans lid) in your microwave for two minutes.
- Remove (carefully, so you don’t burn yourself), and dig in!
- ¼ cup gravy
- 4 oz ground meat (beef, chicken or turkey) cooked
- ¼ cup mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup peas and carrots
- Layer all ingredients in jar beginning with the gravy, then meat, then mashed potatoes, and finally the veggies.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- When ready to eat, pop the jar (sans lid) in your microwave for two minutes.
- Remove (carefully, so you don’t burn yourself), and dig in
- 1 graham cracker
- ½ tbsp butter
- ½ block cream cheese
- ½ cup Swerve powdered sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 key lime
- whipped topping
- Melt butter and mash graham cracker into it until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Press into the bottom of a mason jar.
- Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lime juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add this layer on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Top this with whipped topping and a slice of key lime.
- Garnish with a lime twist.
- Refrigerate for about an hour and then enjoy!